Swiss Collective Labour Agreement (L-GAV)
Any business in the hospitality sector is governed by the Swiss Collective Labour Agreement (L-GAV). Employees thus enjoy many advantages such as regulated wages and financial support for training and continuous education programmes.
The following training and further education programmes are subsidised by the L-GAV:
- Advanced Federal PET Examination (Swiss Advanced PET Diploma)
- Federal PET Diploma Examination (Swiss PET Diploma)
- On-the-job Swiss vocational baccalaureate (BM 1)
- On-the-job Swiss Federal VET Diploma for mature students (EFZ)
- On-the-job Swiss Federal Vocational Certificate for mature students (EBA)
- Progresso (basic qualification for the systemised catering industry)
Participants in these training and further education programmes can apply for financial support. Since the majority of the funds stems from the L-GAV’s membership contributions and cantonal subsidies, only employees whose job falls under L-GAV’s remit qualify for assistance. Detailed information about which courses can be funded and about exceptions to the rules of eligibility for such funds can be found here: www.hotelgastro.ch.
Depending on the course, employers can claim for wage compensation in the form of a daily allowance. Different tariffs are applicable according to the apprenticeship agreement or subsidy application.
Applications should be submitted to Hotel & Gastro formation in Weggis. Further details can be obtained from the www.hotelgastro.ch web page or in person from:
Hotel & Gastro formation
Tel.: 041 392 77 77
Available funds are limited. As a consequence, not all applications can be granted within the same year. Applications will be dealt with in the order in which they are received.
The minimum wage regulations and rates for apprentices can be found here.