Your browser is outdated and no longer supported. Please update your browser.

International College of Hotel Management (ICHM)

The International College of Hotel Management (ICHM) in Adelaide, Australia, was founded in 1992 by SHA and the South Australian government. ICHM is an SHA Affiliate School and offers various education and training programmes.

SHA Diploma

By studying at ICHM, the first hotel management school to join the SHA Affiliate School Network, you are able to get the ICHM Bachelor of Business as well as the SHA Diploma within 3 years. The SHA Diploma is based on the Swiss federally recognised study programme of the hotel management school. With an additional year of study, you get the Bachelor of International Hotel Management. 

Study Abroad Programme

ICHM also offers a Study Abroad Programme of one semester followed by a six month paid internship (optional). The Study Abroad Programme is for professionals from the hospitality and gastronomy industry willing to extend their knowledge and skills in a short-term study course.

  • Target audience

    Motivated professionals and young talents who accomplished an apprenticeship in the hospitality or food and beverage sector, and who want to develop and enrich their knowledge and practical skills in a diploma or short term study programme.

  • Requirements


    • Swiss federally recognised academic baccalaurate or federal VET diploma (EFZ)
    • English language knowledge of at least level B1 of the European Framework of Reference for Languages (i.e IELTS 6.0 Academic).
    • Minimum age: 18 years

    Detailed information regarding the language requirements here.

  • Duration

    Diploma Programme: 3 years (incl. internships)

    Study Abroad Programme: 1 semester of studies and 1 semester of paid internship (optional).

    ICM offers support in finding the adequate internship.

  • Qualification

    SHA Diploma and Bachelor of Business (3 years)

    Bachelor of International Hotel Management (4 years)

  • Fees

     Diploma Programme: Detailed information here

     Study Abroad Programme: Detailed information here.

  • VISA

    Students need to apply for a student's visa. ICHM supports the students in the application procedure.

    Graduates who studied or worked in Australia for a minimum of two years and who aquired an Australian diploma can apply for a two-year Graduate Work Visa.

    Detailed information here.