Bachelor and Master degree courses at the École Hôtelière de Lausanne (EHL)
Lay the foundations for an international career in the hospitality and catering sector by studying at the internationally acclaimed Hotel Management School (EHL) in Lausanne.
Bachelor of Science in International Hospitality Management:
This bachelor course is ideal in preparing candidates for positions of responsibility at an international level in the hospitality industry. You will enhance your knowledge of the sector and its processes, will learn how to apply management models and acquire strategic decision-making skills.
Students aspiring to an international career in the hospitality industry and with either an academic baccalaureate or a vocational baccalaureate can apply to study at the EHL in Lausanne.
The bachelor course at the École Hôtelière de Lausanne can be taken in French or English. Both courses are structured as follows:
- Year 1: Preparatory year incl. an internship
- Year 2: Fundamentals and key competencies
- Year 3: Applications, with subsequent internship in a professional environment at management level
- Year 4: Interlinking of the skills, knowledge and practical experience acquired since the preparatory year. Strategic management, optional courses and a diploma project. You will find more information about studying at the EHL here.
- Completion of vocational or general education at secondary level II (VET or academic baccalaureate)
- At least one year’s work experience in the hospitality or catering sector.
- English or French language diploma (depending on which language is selected for the course).
- Qualification for university studies (vocational or academic baccalaureate)
Bachelor of Science HES-SO en hôtellerie et professions de l'accueil
Bachelor of Science in International Hospitality Management
Fees for Swiss students amount to approximately 71,000 Swiss Francs for the four years, incl. board. Find out more about potential financial assistance available from the Emil Boral Foundation.
Master of Science HES-SO in Global Hospitality Business (as of 2015):
Together with the School of Hotel and Tourism Management (SHTM) at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) and the Conrad N. Hilton College of the University of Houston, the École Hôtelière de Lausanne (EHL) offers an exceptional, new master’s degree in Global Hospitality Business.
The first students embarked on this master course in September 2015 and spend a term on each campus in Lausanne, Hong Kong and Houston. Thanks to this international approach, the students will obtain a fundamental insight into the international market while at the same time gaining first-hand experience of different cultures.