With the four-year bachelor course at the International College of Hotel Management (ICHM) in Adelaide, Australia you will lay the foundations for your international hotel career.
The four-year course Bachelor of International Hotel Management (Swiss Hotel Association) at the International College of Hotel Management offers you a broad-based hotel management training overseas.
After successful completion of the 3-years Programme, you will be awareded the Swiss Hotel Association (SHA Diploma) and the Australian Bachelor of Hospitality Management (equivalent to professional college level in Switzerland). After an additional year, you will get the Bachelor of International Hotel Management which is a recognised Bachelor in the Swiss hospitality industry (equivalent to a Bachelor degree from a university of applied sciences in Switzerland).
If you already hold a hotel management school diploma (e.g. Hotelfachschule Thun or SSTH Passugg), you will be able to enroll into the fourth study year and to acquire the title “Bachelor of International Hotel Management” within a year. As part of the year you will do a six-month paid work placement.
- Young people who have completed a vocational apprenticeship in the hospitality and catering sector and who are interested in an international career.
- Students with a hotel management school degree, who are interested in international hotel management.
- Academic baccalaureate or a Swiss federal VET diploma (EFZ)
- Hotel management school degree (three-years at hotel management school) or SHA Diploma from an hotelleriesuisse affiliate school
- 1500 hours of work experience in hospitality
- English language knowledge (IELTS 6.0 Academic or CEFRL B1)
Bachelor of International Hotel Management
For those with a VET diploma/baccalaureate qualification: 4 years (3 years to SHA Diploma + 1 year for the bachelor)
For those with a hotel management school degree (university of applied sciences/PET College): 1 year (incl. a six-month work placement)
GATE & YHI: The course fees are not available online; enquiries should be made directly to the respective school.
Graduate Work Visa (Australia)
Graduates who have either studied or worked in Australia for a minimum of two years and acquired a recognized Australian diploma can apply for a two-year Graduate Work Visa for Australia.